Thursday 1 August 2013

#VintSetFest - Vintage/Blogger/Event - Warning Picture Heavy!

Last week I headed over to one of my favourite spots in Birmingham, The Custard Factory for #VintSetFest.

Organised by TigerBamComms and The Vintage Set, the event was a meeting of vintage, blogging and generally wonderful peeps.

There was so much to see and do that I barely took any photos, sorry! However I'll share with you a few that I did take.

Here some of the highlights:





A Q&A with the managing director of Macadamia Hair - Nick Shillabeer, Samantha Bennett SD Manager of Asos Marketplace, Nicola Darling & Frankie Payne from Clothes Show Live and Nancy Miguel the senior makeup artist at Make Up London Academy and styling competition


Nails by Rosie who was offering a free nail art design for one nail. I've seen her nail art on Instagram and adore her delicate and creative designs but there was such a queue I couldn't get mine done.




The Macadamia Oil stand - yes, I did buy something!


Lots of fabulous clothing and jewellery from The Vintage Set and Love Without Measure


The decor - hay bales, graffiti art and more





The candy bar - candy bracelets, bon bons and my favourites, foam shrimps

Music from New Killer Shoes - they were fantastic

The Bed Head stand - I resisted

The BBQ - I totally missed this

The fabulous wristbands (these are all over twitter and instagram)

Hair styling from The Depot Birmingham - again, such queues!

UpCycling challenge from ReThink ReMake ReLove - upcycle a collar, decorate a sunglasses case or make your own bracelet.

Smoky eye tutorials from the Make Up London Academy

The goodie bags - immense!

Hook a duck - this got cancelled because the ducks kept running away from us

There was  professional photographer at work on the night, if you'd like to see his shots they can be found here, and EtailPR took some pictures too.

I had a great time catching up with Florrie from Intrinstically Florrie who kindly took some outfit shots for me (I'm always forgetting to take a camera) so I'll post those later. There were also some lovely girlies taking shots of everyone outside so if anyone knows where those are, let me know! I also got to have a chat with Mish from Mishmreow (hello!)

I do wish I'd been able to meet more of you wonderful bloggers so if anyone wants to say please do leave me a comment so I can check out your blog and say hi over twitter/instagram.

A huge thanks to the girls from TigerBam. I had such a good time at the event, you did such an amazing job and I'm looking forward to next year!


1 comment:

  1. Read this when you first posted it up, but forgot to comment, cheers for the shoutout :P

    ReplyDelete