Monday 29 July 2013

Monday Manicure: Chanel Rouge Noir - A Classic

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Rouge Noir 18 available from here 

Rooting through my collection the other week I realised that I'd somehow missed this classic nail polish from my regular NOTD posts. Chanel Rouge Noir is undoubtedly the Rolls Royce of nail polish. Made famous by Uma Thurman who famously wears the shade in the film Pulp Fiction, the shade is meant to look like dried blood (nice). A mix of red and black, the shade has cult status and was the first premium bottle of nail polish I ever purchased.

Here it is on my nails for you guys, I used two coats and sealed it with Seche Vite although I got some extreme shrinkage from it!

The colour is so sophisticated, a real grown up look and at £17.50 for a bottle it is a definite investment shade. In truth, I've had this bottle for years and it's still going strong.

What was the first bottle of nail polish you guys bought?

No comments:

Post a Comment