Saturday 20 July 2013

Drugstore Beauty Haul basics featuring Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick and Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner Reviews


Not every trip to the shops is an exciting one; sometimes you just need to grab a few essentials and go.

Last week I made a quick dash into my nearest town to grab a few essentials I was in need of, but don't worry I did find a few treats for myself too! Can you believe it, all of this is from Wilkinsons and Bodycare!

Really, I needed sponges, make up sponges and cleansing sponges, but I did get a few other bits I'd been meaning to get hold of too. Here goes.


First up, these facial sponges from Bodycare's Salon Basics range. I think you get 4 in a pack for £1.49. I love using these to wash off my cleanser and remove daily debris and they help to gently exfoliate the face too. They can also be used to remove facial masks.

The sponges on the right are great with foundation and I use these after my foundation brush to smooth out foundation if I feel it needs it. Another bargain at £1.59.


The pumice is hardly glamorous but an essential (£1) along with these cuticle sticks (50p), both from Wilkinsons.


A word about the foundation brush. I've been using my ELF brush for over a year but last week it gave up the ghost and lost all it's bristles. I was in desperate need of a brush and picked this up from Wilkinsons for £3. I have since tried it and sadly it's really bad for losing bristles! 


I'm really interested in tooth whitening but am wary of a trip to the dentist as I have really sensitive teeth. For now, I'm going to try out Pearl Drops Ultimate Whitening which can help to make teeth 4 shades whiter in 3 weeks. This was just £1.49 from Bodycare!

Onto the makeup section of the haul. The most exciting part of this haul has got to be these lipsticks from Collection. I picked up the shades Pink Shock 2 and Sweet Tart 8 from the Lasting Colour range. I've been trying to be a bit braver with my lipstick choices and picked these up as an experiment. 



Pink Shock has turned out to be my best buy. The formula is so rich, thick, intense, matte and moisturising. It's a perfect pink for a lot of skintones and I love the way it gives a grown up pop of pink colour. The colour gives a huge colour payoff and is a rich opaque formula. It is a long lasting lipstick and I really put it to the test when I wore it to work the other day. On first applying, I used a lipbalm underneath to help moisturise and prevent the matte colour from picking up ay imperfections. 11 hours later then I admit, my lips had dried out a bit but the colour was still going strong. I'm so impressed with this lipstick and judging by the  5 star ratings on the Collection Cosmetics website, so are you guys! You should definitely try it out, and the best part is it only costs £2.98.




The next colour is Sweet Tart. This is a great coral pink shade and is as good quality as any high end lipstick. 






Last up is Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner in black. I bought this after a recommendation. With a long handle, the brush is short and thick with a tapered edge. As you can see, the brush gives a thick, black line. This is great for any dramatic eyeliner look, especially a retro one. It lasts really well and doesn't flake. I do prefer this as an evening eyeliner and will still be on the hunt for a good everyday liner that is just a bit thinner. This was the most expensive part of my haul at £4.98 but it get's a thumbs up from me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment