Saturday 24 August 2013

Bodhi Escape Travel Kit review - Neroli Luce Face Oil, Jasmine Falls Shower Gel and Moisturiser and Flora Paradiso Massage Oil

Recently, I was lucky enough to meet Elijah from Bodhi and receive this just released Escape Travel Kit.

Bodhi Escape Travel Kit available here

This is the first time that I've been introduced to Bodhi products, so it seems only fitting that I use this post to introduce the brand to you lovely readers.

Bodhi is a British eco-luxury skincare brand founded in 2010 with a focus on using natural and organic products and aromatherapeutic fragrances.

Onto the technical bit: "We select ingredients that are ethically sourced from sustainable origins. Our products are naturally free from harsh synthetics – no petrochemicals, no sulphates, no parabens. We do not use synthetic colours, synthetic fragrances or animal ingredients. We do not condone animal testing and all our products have been tested on and evaluated by a volunteer panel of human testers, not animals."

I have to admit, this was all news to me. Although I'd seen Bodhi on the Harvey Nichols shelves, I hadn't realised the aromatherapy benefits of the products and the commitment of the brand to using natural products.


Onto the products themselves. Contained within the set is:

Neroli Lucé Revitalising Face Oil
Jasmine Falls Relaxing Bath & Shower Therapy
Jasmine Falls Relaxing Body Moisturiser
Flora Paradiso De-Stress Massage & Body Oil

For an individual review of each product, keep reading.

Neroli Lucé Revitalising Face Oil

A beautiful warm saffron coloured oil, this is full of beautiful natural ingredients including Jojoba and apricot kernal oil and is designed for normal, combination, dull, tired or blemish prone skin. Used after cleansing and toning and serum application but before moisturising, this is a real nourishing product. I have to admit, at first I struggled to see any difference. But then something happened. About two weeks into testing I began to see an improvement in skin texture and my uneven skin tone appeared more even hydrated from within. My advice? Persevere!  Personally, I didn't see results overnight but it's worth the wait.

Jasmine Falls Relaxing Bath & Shower Therapy

Jasmine Falls has got to be my favourite fragrance from the collection. Jasmine is my all time favourite scent and I adore this exotic floral scent. Straight from the bottle, the Jasmine is not necessarily the first thing to hit you as it has been blended with lavender and other essential oils. Just like a fragrance, the shower gels comprise top notes, heart notes and base notes, meaning the scent changes from when its in the bottle to when it's on your skin.

Perfect for a relaxing bedtime bath or shower, the jasmine scent sits on your skin and smells just divine.

Jasmine Falls Relaxing Body Moisturiser

Just like the shower gel, the Jasmine Falls moisturiser is a beautiful exotic, relaxing fragrance. Perfect for layering with the shower gel, I love using the moisturiser after the shower gel to increase the staying power of this beautiful scent. With shea butter and coconut oil, this is highly highdrating and leaves skin feeling so soft you can't help but touch it!

Flora Paradiso De-Stress Massage & Body Oil 

Blended with ylang-ylang, lavender, atlas cedarwood and apricot kernal oil, Flora Paradiso is a relaxing floral fragrance. Breathing this in, a different element of the scent is revealed to you one after another. Although it is a clear massage oil inspired by ancient Balinese massage rituals, it works especially well on dry skin after showering. It promises to leave skin glowing and that it does! Heavenly.

Once I'd learnt a little bit more about Bodhi, I was smitten by a brand that is so committed to using the best natural and organic ingredients. I was struck by the quality of the products and it's only by using them for a while that you really get the sense of what the brand is all about. The essential oils and aromatherapy element to the products only adds to the overall feeling of using a product that is good for not just your body, but mind too.

I adore this set and think it's worth the price tag of £34. Perfect for anyone looking for an introduction to Bodhi.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love all these products and will be picking up this little set for my next holiday x

    ReplyDelete