Monday 23 September 2013

The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream - L'Occitane Hand Cream Dupe

The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream available here

Walking past The Body Shop recently, I spotted this little tube in the window and headed on in for a closer look. Now, I'm a big fan of the L'Occitane hand creams. The handy little lightweight tube makes them perfect for keeping in your handbag.

So when I saw this very similar looking hand cream, I had to investigate.

I bought mine in the Wild Rose scent as this was my favourite from L'Occitane, but the Hemp and Almond versions are also available, the former of which has something of a cult following. This scent for me was by far the best, and it's a delicate floral rose that stays put for hours after application.

The cream itself is a medium thickness, not a lotion and not a heavy, thick, rich cream like the L'Occitane hand cream. The good thing about this is that in sinks in pretty quickly leaving you free to head off without worrying about what you're doing next (i.e. driving!) Conversely, it doesn't moisturise for as long as the L'Occitane, but this is a personal preference.

The tube itself is also aluminium with the same style of screw cap. This is the 30ml version which retails at £5, whilst the 100ml is £10. The L'Occitane hand cream is £8 for 30ml and £19 for 150ml.

Described as "a daily hand cream with rosehip oil", it also contains an SPF 15 and is suitable for all skin types. The L'Occitane cream does not contain SPF.

Overall, I think the Body Shop hand cream is more suitable for daytime use, with its non greasy, light feel and added SPF. I adore the scent and think it's a fabulous everyday handbag essential. At just £5, I think it's a bargain too! But don't throw out your L'Occitane. It's still the original and great for use before bedtime. What can I say, a girl can never have enough hand cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment