Monday 30 September 2013

No 7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Waterlily - Product Review and Swatches

This might just be my first No7 lipstick, and I bought it full price without one of those £5 off coupons as I just couldn't wait.



No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Waterlily available here

As I was looking for an everyday pinky beige nude colour, I picked this up as the shade is really natural.

The Hype
Nourish your lips with No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick, this moisturising formulation keeps your lips smooth and soft.

Hypo-allergenic
Fragrance free
SPF 15
Picking your Perfect Lip Colour

Colour effect - Intense colour

Benefits - Moisturising, SPF & Hypo-allergenic

Finish - Satin/Semi-Satin

The Verdict
Whilst I was expecting an everyday creamy colour, what I completely failed to notice in the shop was the shimmering gold undertones. I've looked up a few other swatches and it doesn't seem as obvious elsewhere but on me I think it's really strong and actually looks frosted.


Daylight Swatch

Studio Swatch

A creamy pink, the consistency is thick and creamy (duh!) and yes moisturising although not as much as I'd expected. It does leave lips looking soft and shimmering though with a semi matte finish.

The colour is quite flattering on paler skin tones and blondes but I think on me looks quite outdated. I think it's the glimmer but it just doesn't suit me!

However, I've seen it on paler girls and they just look so much better in it than I do. 

At £9.50 it is quite expensive for a drugstore brand but the packaging and formulation do feel quite high end. There's obviously been a lot of time put into the product and into formulating over 30 different colours; now excuse me whilst I go and look for the right one.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh a really pretty colour! Agree that it's not your usual though - I'm not sure I've tried any No7 lippies since pinching my mother's as a child!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still looking for the perfect pinky beige! Definitely worth looking at No7 though, really nice formula x

      Delete