Tuesday 10 May 2016

Stila at Selfridges with Sascha Jackson

Can you remember your first Stila product? Yours, like mine, may well have been a twist and click lip glaze purchased from Sephora.


Stila has come a long way since then, and I was able to speak to the brand's UK lead pro artist and find out more about the reinvention when they launched a pop up at Selfridges Birmingham.


I met Sascha in the Selfridges Beauty Hall and was invited to sit and learn more about the brand, the products and get a sneak peek of what's happening in make up for SS16.

Founded in 1994 by celebrity MUA Jeanine Lobell, Jeanine wanted to create products that were different to what was already on the market. That lip glaze? It turns out that was actually one of the first products she created. 

The brand ethos is all about enhancing your natural beauty, making the best of your features and making sure you look still look like you. That means a focus on glowing skin, a great complexion and great ingredients is all on the agenda.


After the history lesson, it was time to get right in and explore the products. Sascha gave me a full makeover in a record breaking 30 minutes, and I actually couldn't believe how quickly and professionally she worked. Something tells me thats one of the reasons why she was chosen to be UK lead and it must seriously come in handy at fashion week.

Stay All Day Foundation

Starting off with the cult One Step Correct, Sascha then built up coverage using Stay All Day Foundation in no 5. To do this, she brushed on the product first and then stippled on top using a beauty blender. Sascha swears that she never has to touch up her foundation and these two products are all you need for a face that doesn't budge. I loved the slightly dewy finish but you could always use a sheer pressed powder over the top, dusted on with a big fluffy brush.

Next, Sascha used Stay All Day Bronzer in light shade 3 in the shape of a number 3, on the temples, cheeks and underneath the jaw a little.


Now, she introduced me to the Perfectly Poreless Putty Perfector. What's this, you may ask? Well, it's actually something of a genius product that is bouncy to the touch, but on the skin creates a natural, matte, flawless finish. The final results were something like an airbrush effect, finishing off the face to hide imperfections. Even better, it's great for leaving in your handbag and using for touch ups throughout the day. This was dusted all over.

Onto the eyes, I was impressed by the Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. A longer than average tip somehow makes this eyeliner so much easier to use. Unlike so many eyeliners, the colour doesn't fade and stays true all day. Sascha also used the Eyes are the Window Shadow Palette in Soul, a collection of earthy neutrals in a variety of finishes that are heavenly for everyday and to build up in the evening.


To finish, we used Stay All Day Liquid Lip Colour in Patina, and the colour was a revelation. Something that I would never normally pick out, it was just divine and works so well with my dark hair.

Here's my final look! Do you like it? I wish I could book Sascha in to do my make up everyday!


As for the spring trends, it's all about glossy skin, a perfect complexion, contrasting textures and a matt lip this season. Sascha was even at New York fashion week working behind the scenes on Alice and Olivia recently, working her magic so she really is the expert.


I've had a chance to try out these products at home too and I am thoroughly impressed. Firstly, the Liquid Lip Colour in Patina. Although this is a colour I would never normally try, Sascha did an amazing job of picking out a colour that suits me so well. I use this product so much and I'm always being asked what I'm wearing when I have this on. Not only that, but this genuinely does stay on all day, even after eating.

The foundation again, is a stay all day wonder, especially when used with the One Step Correct. The lid even comes with a concealer and I use this regularly to touch up on the go.

Finally, the eyeliner. Whether it's the shape of the tip or the formulation, I can actually just about manage a decent eyeliner flick with this.

Those are my favourites, what are yours?

*With thanks to Stila for the makeover


No comments:

Post a Comment