Tuesday 17 May 2016

Event: Interview with Amy Childs at eBay Shop Live, Bullring Birmingham

Rather than popping into the Bullring for a new outfit, last weekend I was lucky enough to be invited down to interview none other than Amy Childs at Shop Live! with eBay.

The former TOWIE star and entrepreneur was there to promote eBay's Shop Live. A tongue-in-cheek homage to home shopping television programmes, there were two shows, "Ace Your Reality TV Audition" featuring Amy Childs and Harry Derbridge and how to "Survive the Zombie Apocalypse."



Each performance showcased what you'd need in each situation, from hair tools to bluetooth speakers. The audience could then take advantage of deals straight from their mobiles and pick up items immediately from the nearby Argos using Click and Collect.


Hosted by the comedian Shappi Khorsandi and Ting from The Ting Thing, I went down to watch the stars in action.

Amy made her cameo on stage with Ting and Shaapi and gave out some advice on how to ace your reality TV audition.





Ting was a fantastic presenter, she's such a professional!


The Zombie Apocalypse show was hilarious, with Shaapi finding herself with a zombie admirer.


I managed to get up close and personal with this zombie:



I even got the zombies to stay still and pose for a photo!

After the show, I sat down with Amy Childs to talk fashion and style.


You're incredibly busy with your clothing line, sunglasses range and numerous endorsements. What does a typical week look like for you?
I'm in the salon three days a week and in the shop a lot too. I hate to be bored and I love staying busy so I'll often be sending emails at 10.30pm. As well as that, I'm often travelling and meeting people which is what I love to do. I'm also really involved in the Amy Childs collection in designing the clothes and picking the fabrics and colours. When I'm in the boutique, I ask my customers what they're looking for and so often it's a sleeve as people don't want to show their arms. My customers also like a knee length on a skirt or a dress, so I'm always designing with their feedback in mind.

What do you have lined up in the next few months?
I'll be back on TV screens on Celebrity Masterchef where I'll be putting my cooking skills to the test. 

What are you're top 5 style essentials?
For me, it's all about nice jewellery and accessories. Of course, I'd say an Amy Childs dress is an essential, a pair of Louboutin's, a silver hoop earring, my Forever On Trend sunglasses and some classic jewellery. 

What trends have you seen coming through for SS16 and AW16?
There's definitely a lot of lace in Spring Summer 16 carrying right through to Autumn Winter 16 too.

If you had to give just one piece of life advice, what would it be?
I've always lived by the rule, treat other people the way you'd want to be treated.

And if you had to give one piece of style advice what would it be?
Never show your legs and boobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment