Monday 8 June 2015

Food Review: Marco's New York Italian Kenilworth

Marco Pierre White is one of the biggest names in gastronomy and following an illustrious career in the kitchen, famously handed back his Michelin stars and turned his attention to business.


Following the opening of Marco's New York Italian in Stratford Upon Avon, the newest venue to open it's doors is Marco's New York Italian in Kenilworth.

I was lucky enough to be invited to dine at the restaurant just over a week ago and was excited to see the restaurant and also to visit Kenilworth for the first time.


Not far from Leamington Spa and out in the leafy countryside, Marco's New York Italian is inside the Holiday Inn Kenilworth. With an on site car park it was easy to find and reach and is right in the centre of town. Famous for that stripy chair, the restaurant featured all the usual Marcos touches such as an impressive wine rack and images of the man himself.




The restaurant itself was comfortable and roomy and perfect for groups, couples and families.



After an introduction from the restaurant manager, we sat down to some very glamorous drinks (I had a non alcoholic cocktail on this occasion) and took a look at the menu over a sharing basket of bread and olives (none for me sadly).


Having already dined at Marco's Stratford, I decided that I wanted to try something different to what I had last time. I was able to see an allergens menu first and was very impressed with how clear and easy to use this was. Despite being tempted by the sharing platters, I went for the Baked Field Mushrooms with spinach and blue cheese and a 10oz Rib Eye Steak for mains.


I'm so glad I chose the mushrooms to start as they were divine; thick meaty mushrooms with salty smattering of blue cheese melted just enough on top.


Next, my steak arrived customised to my liking. In an attempt to be good I ordered new potatoes instead of lazy fries and they were just as good as chips I swear! My steak was decent and the garlic tomato was a nice touch as it's always good to eat your vegetables.


Finally, I chose the most amazing dessert, a Melting Chocolate Truffle Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream. I'm sure everyone who saw this cake had some serious food envy because it was divine. Not only was the presentation perfect, but the cake itself was a warm, gooey, melting pot of chocolate goodness. More please!

I had a great time at Marco's New York Italian Kenilworth and think it would make a great place for lunch or dinner in the village. I'd love to go back and explore the castle and I would definitely drop in for coffee and a cake at tea time or dinner in the evening for a special occasion.

*I was invited to dine as a guest of Marco's New York Italian Kenilworth

No comments:

Post a Comment