Friday 12 June 2015

Clarins Beauty Discovery Evening at Selfridges Birmingham

Shhh, here's a secret. Not many people know that Selfridges Birmingham Beauty Hall has rooms for beauty therapy treatments. Discreetly tucked away in the corner between Dior and Chanel, the Clarins Spa offers luxurious treatments right in the middle of the Bullring.



I was lucky enough to be invited to a Beauty Discovery Evening at the Clarins Spa. Arriving at the counter, I was taken over to the Spa reception where I was welcomed by Trudie. Walking over to the rooms there is an area for relaxation with seats and magazines.




In the treatment room itself is a very comfortable spa bed, a beautiful lighted mirror and even a wardrobe for your clothes! So often there's no room for your belongings so it was great to see the space had been so thoughtfully designed.

Trudie analysed my skin before the treatment (dehydrated and congested) and then asked me what results I was looking for (glowing, clear).




She then explained that I was about to enjoy a 15 minute version of the Clarins Tri Enzyme facial using many products that are salon only and not available to purchase elsewhere. The treatment included a mask and even a hand and arm massage.

The treatment itself was more than relaxing, with ambient music and low lighting. Not just that, but the products were expertly applied with a light touch and the arm and hand massage was just wonderful.



Trudie afterwards explained what products were used including the Double Serum and Lotus Face Treatment Oil.

The Clarins Tri Enzyme Facial was pure bliss and I can't wait to go back for the full hour and 25 minute treatment. It was so relaxing and the combination of facial and massage was an indulgence that we could all do with making time for.

I then went back the following week for the mini makeover as we had ran out of time and I got to try some Clarins products. After I mentioned that I thought that Clarins was all about subtle, natural amke up, Amy showed me that this isn't the case! I was under the impression that Clarins make up came only in neutral pink and beige tones, so Amy showed me how to use Clarins products to get a full makeup look.



Using Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base in Champagne first to illuminate the skin, Amy then used True Radiance Foundation in 107 with SPF15 all over to even and illuminate. The Everlasting Compact Foundation in 107 was then used to set my foundation although this can be used on it's own as a full coverage powder. Then, we used three Ombre Minerale Eyeshadows in Nude, Tea Rose and Auburn around the eye to achieve a light smoky eye look that I loved! I am yet to find a black smoky eye look that suits me but I loved this subtle yet sexy take on the look. This was finished off with the Truly Waterproof Mascara.



The Golden Rose Eye Shadow was then used as a highlighter (genius) and a beautiful compact called Blush Prodige in Sunset Coral was used on the cheeks.

To finish, the Lip Definer in 01 Day was used all over the lip and Rouge Eclat Lipstick in Sweet Rose on top. The Lipstick in particular really impressed me for it's hydrating, non sticky finish.

I couldn't believe the finished look! A million miles away from the pink and pretty look I thought I was getting, I'm so glad that Amy introduced me to some of the beautiful products such as the Blush Prodige compact and challenged my perceptions of the brand. The finished look was very sexy and smoky so thank you to Trudie and Amy for looking after me!

*I was invited to try out the above as a guest of Selfridges

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. It looks like a nice evening.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete