Monday 11 September 2017

Event: Malmaison Hotel Birmingham Shake It Up SPArty and Cocktail Making

Work + Play is Birmingham Malmaison Hotel's recently launched event space. Whether it's for board meetings or birthday's, Work + Play is a great space for both.

I was recently invited to attend an event called Shake It Up at Malmaison Birmingham by EV Agency, an evening of manicures, blow dry's, makeovers and cocktail making, all whilst enjoying dishes from the summer menu.


For a food and beauty obsessive like me, this is as close to heaven as you can get!

Making my way up from the bar area to the Work + Play space, I was greeted by the EV team, a host of Birmingham bloggers and a glass of fizz.

Here, it was explained that we would be able to make cocktails to match our mani's, what more could a girl ask for?


Moving into the main space, I headed towards the BLOW Ltd station for a quick hair refresh. The girls are so efficient and it took just 20 minutes to get my glam over!

Next, I had a peek at the ESPA stand, the products which are used in the Malmaison spa, and was able to try out a custom blend of ESPA products including the Skin Rescue Balm, Tri-Active Advanced Night Booster and Essential Cleansing Mask.


I skipped the mani as there was just too many other stands to visit, but the manicures all came out looking shiny and beautiful. Here's Ting from The Ting Thing having her nails attended to:


Next, I tried out the products from CoverFX for the first time, and was so impressed I rushed straight out to buy them!

Now for the food, we were able to try out some delicious dishes from the Summer menu, and the team were extremely helpful in identifying what I could and couldn't eat as a gluten free guest, and even whipped up something special for me!








This was the platter of mains that was laid out before us, and it was as delicious as it looked! The dishes included Summer Minestrone Soup, Poached Salmon Hollandaise, Summer Vegetable and Cherry Tomato Linguine and Chargrilled Chicken Breast and crunchy Thai Salad.

Although I couldn't eat all of it, I was bought a special gluten free version of the Smoked Mackerel Pate and the Slow Roasted Beef Brisket.




Both of these dishes were beautifully presented and created especially to cater for my dietary requirements. They were absolutely delicious and I wouldn't hesitate to go back and dine at the Malmaison Brasserie just to try these again. The beef in particular was simply divine and I would recommend it if you are planning to try the Summer Fixed Price Menu.




Onto dessert, there was Banoffee Cheesecake, Warm Steamed Summer Pudding and Berries and Mascarpone laid out for us to try. Without even asking, I was offered the Berries and Mascarpone without the shortbread crumb. This was by far one of the best gluten free dining experiences I have ever received and the level of service and attention to detail was second to none.



There was also a spot of cocktail making on the menu that was pretty amusing! If you watched my InstaStory on the night you would have seen that we were in a very giggly mood. Here's me with my finished cocktail:



We had a fantastic evening and it was great to get a rounded view of everything that Malmaison has to offer, from food and cocktails to facials and manicures.

*Thank you to East Village and Malmaison for the invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment