Tuesday 21 June 2016

Event: Pirlo's Dessert Lounge Birmingham Opening

When you're gluten free, dessert is something of a touchy subject. All too often I find it's ice cream or nothing when it comes to desserts, so my sweet tooth often goes unsatisfied.


I was invited along to the launch of Pirlo's Dessert Lounge in Birmingham recently, and knowing that I'm gluten free, the invite stated that there would be available options for me.



What I thought was just a token gesture, turned out to be a pretty healthy gluten free dessert selection, with one whole shelf of cakes dedicated to cakes and sweet treats that I can actually eat!




I headed to the official launch night and made it up the red carpet. Greeting with champagne and live music, I was also able to try a few of the desserts.



Served up by glamorous hostesses, I tried out the Peanut and Daim Cake and Gluten Free Victoria Sponge which were being handed out, canapé style.








Red Velvet cake and Salted Caramel Brownies were also being handed out at the event.




At the back of the bar, there was a cake buffet, and they were also serving up waffles, cookie dough, ice cream and cakes.



I can't wait to come back to Pirlo's to try out the rest of the menu, as I hear a rumour that they even make gluten free waffles.



Have you been to Pirlo's yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment