Thursday 24 September 2015

Show Beauty at Selfridges Birmingham

SHOW Beauty is the brainchild of Tamara Ecclestone. A luxury haircare line that is glamorous and opulent, it was launched in 2013 and I've been dying to try out the products ever since.


Luckily for me, I was given the opportunity to get a SHOW Dry when the girls from SHOW came to launch the product collection in Selfridges Birmingham.

A team of gorgeous girls were waiting for me when I arrived on Selfridges Level 3 Beauty Hall. I sat down with Laurianne Dufay for a SHOW Dry and within second she had sectioned my hair and was teasing my locks into the biggest, bounciest curls I have ever seen.


Making the whole process look effortless, Laurianne used three products on my hair. Firstly, she ran the Pure Treatment Oil all over my hair and into the ends to moisturise my locks. Next, she used the Thermal Protect to protect my hair before blasting my hair with a hairdryer and teasing the curls in using a round barrel brush. Lastly, the Finishing Spray was applied all over for gloss and to set the style without leaving it crisp. 


All the products in the line smell sensational. This is because each product contains a fine fragrance with top notes of Lush Rose Water and Rosewood combined with middle notes of Caramel and Almond Butter and base notes of Vanilla, Tonka Bean and Patchouli. 


Every product comes in packaging that is well worth showing off. In sleek black bottles and crystal cut glass lids, the products are too beautiful to put away and accented in fashionable rose gold.

The products themselves? I was impressed. The oil was nourishing and light with no oily residue whilst the finishing spray was effective but left no crispy texture. It also held my look enough for my hair to still look bouncy 12 hours later. Every product can be layered leaving no residue, no flaking and no white marks. They are also paraben and sulphate free and offer UVA and UVB protection. Not just a pretty bottle.

With a blow dry this good, it would be criminal not to show it off, so I made sure to head out after a full days work for a few mocktails. 

SHOW is stocked in exclusive retailers including Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Fenwick, House of Fraser and on Net-a-Porter. Sadly, the blow dry bar was a temporary addition to Selfridges but you can find your nearest blow dry bar using the SHOW Dry app. Although there are no locations in Birmingham yet, the products are available in Birmingham priced between £30 and £55 and you could always head to London if you're out in the big smoke.

*With thanks to the team at SHOW Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment