Monday 27 October 2014

Benefit Bling Brow launch and Brow Bar Experience

When Benefit's Global Brow Expert, Jared Bailey, made a pitstop in Birmingham to launch Benefit's Bling Brow set to a bunch of beauty bloggers, I went along to meet the pros and talk brows.
Held in Staying Cool apartments in the Rotunda, Jared Bailey and Lisa Potter-Dixon, Head Make Up and Trend Artist for Benefit welcomed us in with champagne and macarons.


Hailing from San Francisco, Jared was an absolute riot and great company, as well as a font of brow and beauty knowledge.




As well as hosting a brow Q&A, we were treated to an eyebrow tint and shape too and got to watch as blogger brows were transformed into marvellous masterpieces.

I managed to take a few snaps on my phone before I had to rush off but the Benefit gals were kind enough to invite me back instore for a Benefit brow experience as I couldn't stay long.




I was booked into Debenhams Bullring and the Benefit counter was heaving when I arrived! Girls and ladies of every age were booked in to have a brow tint, shape and wax and I couldn't believe how busy they were! Apparently, they usually have two girls on counter doing brows.

These pictures are seriously unflattering but I had to give you an honest look at what we were dealing with brow wise and I had purposefully left my brows to grow out before my appointment.




First off, marks were made on my brows as per the Benefit Brow Mapping technique nicknamed the Benefit Arch. The first mark is a line from dimple of the nose straight up to the brow. The next mark is made by drawing a line from the edge of the nose through the iris or the eye to find the perfect arch. This is great for lifting the eyes! Lastly, mark 3 is made by drawing a line from the edge of the nose through the outer corner of the eye to the brow; this has an eye opening effect.





 Following these points, my brows were waxed into a perfect arch.

Here's the best bit - as you're on counter and yes, you will look a little red, Benefit will cover up any redness and fill in your brows for you as part of the Brow Bar experience. Unlike other salons etc where you're left to walk out looking a little flushed, Benefit will have you party ready in minutes.

I headed back to the counter to have my brows filled in using Brow Zings in Dark. A combination of powder and wax, we used both on my brows to fill them in and create an even, polished finish.


I was so impressed with the Brow Zings that I purchased my perfect shade, Dark, and took home this fab little kit. As well as the wax and powder, the compact also includes a mirror, mini pair of tweezers and two brushes to help you get the perfect arch at home.



I also got to try out a few other products such as Watts Up and the new Push Up Liner.



As well as Brow Shaping and Tinting, from 1st November Benefit will also launch the Bling Brow service. For a limited time, you can visit a Benefit counter to have your brows blinged up! From £4 for one brow or £8 for two, you can have a Touch of Bling (3 Swarovski crystals under the outer corner of the eye), Over the Top Bling (floating bling above both brows) or Big Time Bling (crystals over the top of the brow). Even better, theres a huge choice of colours from Light Pink to Green to match brows to outfits over the party season.


A big thank you to Jazz at Benefit, Jared and all the guys at the event for having me as well as the Benefit Debenhams Bullring team!

Bling Brow launches nationwide on 1st November, just in time for Christmas and New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment