Monday 21 April 2014

Bullring Birmingham's Spring Fashion Fix

With Birmingham bloggers Emily of Emily Jayne Image and Sara of Pretty in Pink. Image courtesy of Sara Pretty in Pink

On Thursday 17th April, Bullring Birmingham hosted Spring Fashion Fix, a four-step trend, style, colour, and beauty fix to get you fixed up and ready for Spring Summer 2014.

With fashion shows, makeovers, manicures, colour consultations and blow dries available from 12-8pm, as well as a host of offers, you could easily spend the day there.

First up, I headed to Trend Fix to watch Bullring's take on the new season trends headed down the runway. Rather than the usual walk down the catwalk and behind-the-scenes outfit changes, the models showed us how versatile the items were by changing on the catwalk from one look to the next. Genius.



The key trends for this season are: Pretty Things, Sports Luxe, Going Global, Monochrome and Colour Palette.

The best thing about this fashion show? All of the clothes and accessories shown are available right here in Bullring Birmingham.

Next up, I was treated to a makeover courtesy of Urban Decay. The lovely Kiran started off by prepping my skin with Brightening and Tightening Complexion Primer Potion before buffing in Naked Skin Liquid Foundation in shade 2 with the Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush and applying a touch of 24/7 Concealer Pencil in NSA where needed. A touch of blusher in the fabulously named Fetish and the base was ready!

Next, I was treated to a smoky eye makeover using the Naked Palette. Can you believe I've never tried this?! I was so excited, and after going through the differences between the three, we went for the original palette for my olive skin. Prepping with Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin, a completely nude colour, we went in for my favourite colours on here were Sin, Sidecar and Toasted, as well as Creep for definition, which I'm pretty sure are everyone's favourites! With the addition of some serious Super Saturated Ultra Intense Cream Eyeliner, 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil for the waterline, the Arab Eye transformation was complete.

Finishing off with Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss in Naked and All Nighter Setting Spray, here's the finished look.

After the makeover, I was treated to a fabulous manicure courtesy of Nails By Rosie. If you haven't already heard of her, she's something of a legend in Birmingham and beyond and I've been admiring her work on Instagram. Rosie created 10 fabulous nail art designs using Topshop, Claire's and Urban Decay polishes especially for the event and I picked the blue and rose pattern design to co-ordinate with the Pretty Things trend. It was great to finally meet Rosie and I did manage to squeeze in a few questions for her! Top tips from Rosie: do what you love and don't be afraid to take a risk!


Last but not least was a Colour Me Beautiful Colour Consultation from the wonderful Emily. At last, I was able to see Emily in action as she showed me what colours to wear based on my colouring. I'm so guilty of wearing black and lots of it, but Emily introduced me to some beautiful jewel colours for my Deep skintone, and I'll definitely be looking to her Pinterest board for inspiration.

Trying not to smudge my nails!
Image courtesy of Sara Pretty in Pink

Just as I was about to head home, I bumped into Sara from Pretty in Pink. After a few silly shots on the podium, we headed to The Balcony in Selfridges for a quick drink and long overdue catch up.


Huge thanks are due to the Bullring team for organising Spring Fashion Fix, inviting me along and for the treats! Posts to follow on the Hotel Chocolat, Urban Decay and Kiehls products...

And P.S - don't forget to follow me on Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment